Abbey Hill School and Performing Arts College is a large purpose-built local authority-maintained special school catering for pupils with a broad range of special educational needs. Pupils’ ages range from 3 -18. Originally for pupils with moderate learning difficulties the school now includes an autisum support department and accepts pupils with a much wider range of difficulties. There are currently about 218 pupils on role.
Abbey Hill has in the past had Beacon status and formed a part of a Stoke on Trent Education Action Zone. The school now has specialist status in the performing arts.
Since opening, the school has endeavoured to be a forward thinking school, which prides itself on providing quality education, support and care for its pupils. This has been acknowledged by two OFSTED Inspections held in 2002 and 2006.
We are fortunate enough to have Physiotherapists, Speech Therapists and a School Nurse who visit on a regular basis.
The school is exceptionally well resourced and has:
- A purpose built Science Laboratory and Music Room
- A Home Tech room
- Sensory Room
- 3 school minibuses driven by staff and a volunteer who are all Staffordshire County Council Accredited drivers
- A high ratio of computers to pupils. All computers have access to the Internet
- All teaching areas have access to Inter-active Whiteboards
- The external play areas of the school are adapted for special needs, including specific play equipment and soft surface flooring
www.abbeyhill.stoke.sch.uk Headteacher: Mr. P. Kidman
SCHOOL CLOSURE Due to industrial action by the teaching unions... Read More > >
Fund-raising Our chosen charities for 2013 - 2014, as voted for... Read More > >
Autism Central - Exhibition of projects and services, programme of workshops and seminars. Please see the attached flyer for more... Read More > >
|15||16||17• Christmas Carol Concert
• Key Stage 4 Christmas Disco
|18• Key Stage 3 Christmas Dinner
• Key Stage 1 and 2 Christmas Party
• Christmas Dinner
• Christmas Dinner
|20• End of Term
Gallery not found